Thank you for your interest in submitting a guest post to Rocket City Bloggers. We are always looking for ways to share what is going on in the community.
Before submitting your post for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it will benefit the readers of our community, it is likely to be published.
- This is not a place for commercials or advertising.
- Posts must be quality, ORIGINAL content (i.e. not published anywhere else online). Additionally, please do not submit posts that are currently being submitted to other sites.
- If your post is selected, you agree not to publish it anywhere else online, including your own site, as this is considered duplicate content by search engines and would penalize both sites. We will promote your post through social media channels. We encourage you to do the same. You may also want to consider posting a small blurb on your own site to direct traffic to your guest post.
- Post may be submitted in the body of your email or as a word file.
- Relevant images may be attached to the email but should be less than 1MB. Ideally, they should be 600 pixels or less wide. Please do not send massive files. Photo submissions must be your own images. Images from other online sources will not be accepted. We don’t want any copyright issues!
- Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation is important to us. Please make a concerted effort to edit your submissions. Submissions will be proofread and any obvious spelling or grammatical errors will be corrected prior to publishing.
- Any links within your post should be relevant to the content of your post, and will be verified as working links.
- Please include a short bio (50 words or less) at the end of your post along with a link to your site. Please feel free to also submit a head shot.
- Guest posts are uncompensated.
If you would like to submit your guest post for review, please email it to Editor(at)rocketcitybloggers.com with “Guest Post Submission” in the subject line.
Post Submission Checklist:
- Your full name
- Your URL and blog name
- Your post title
- The body of your post
- Attach any images – Please include “Image #1” or other descriptor where you would like the image in the post. If you do not include that, we will make our best guess as to where the image should be. Remember: send images that are 600px or less in width, or at the very least under 1MB in size.
- A short bio
- A head shot
We will do our best to make sure that every post that is submitted is used on RCB. We may hold them for a time to work them into the editorial calendar, but please be patient and wait for them. When they are scheduled, we will send out an e-mail to let you know. If for some reason we can not use your post, we will let you know so that you are free to submit it elsewhere.
Some post topic suggestions (but not limited to):
- Local events (Greater Huntsville, Tennessee Valley, etc.)
- Regional events
- DIY & How-to
- Blogging tips
- Health & Fitness
- Current events
- Social Media
- Your Fantastic Idea HERE!
Being a guest blogger on RCB is a great way for a blogger to publish a post that they may not ordinarily have a place for on their own blog. Are you a Mommy blogger who wants to do a movie review? A technology writer that wants to write about a day on the river? A “local events” writer that wants to write about a new fashion style?
Share it on Rocket City Bloggers!